THE ADVERTISING LANDSCAPE is undergoing its most sweeping transformation in years. Apple just released the new version of Safari, which prioritizes user privacy; an updated version of Google’s Chrome, with a new ad filter, comes out in January; and new rules on data protection in the European Union take effect in May. These changes will give individuals more control over their data and rein in annoying and intrusive advertising.
The ad industry is changing—here’s what publishers can expect
More from Journalism NewsMore posts in Journalism News »
- Reporter covering protest at Gov. Sununu’s house fined by police
- Radically Rural Goes Remote
- Applications for 10th Annual New England First Amendment Institute Now Available
- NHPR, Granite State News Collaborative launch news services to reach Spanish-speaking community
- Covid slows the flow of public information