While we may think there has never been a news era like this before, these “newsfeeds” are strikingly similar to newspapers in the early 1800s. We can learn a lot by seeing how things worked two centuries ago. We might even learn some lessons on how to help today’s news.
The news industry has always needed government support: A look back to the 1800s
More from Journalism NewsMore posts in Journalism News »
- Retired Concord Monitor editor Mike Pride dies at 76; remembered for devotion to journalism
- Reporter covering protest at Gov. Sununu’s house fined by police
- Radically Rural Goes Remote
- Applications for 10th Annual New England First Amendment Institute Now Available
- NHPR, Granite State News Collaborative launch news services to reach Spanish-speaking community