In a potentially far-reaching ruling, a Suffolk Superior Court judge has ruled law enforcement agencies in Massachusetts can’t use the state’s criminal records law to withhold lists of people jailed, mug shots of police officers who are arrested, and police reports involving public officials accused of breaking the law.
Mug shots, arrest reports of officials are public in Massachusetts, judge says
More from Journalism NewsMore posts in Journalism News »
- Reporter covering protest at Gov. Sununu’s house fined by police
- Radically Rural Goes Remote
- Applications for 10th Annual New England First Amendment Institute Now Available
- NHPR, Granite State News Collaborative launch news services to reach Spanish-speaking community
- Covid slows the flow of public information