A year ago, Facebook launched its Facebook Journalism Project. Led by Campbell Brown, the ex-NBC News anchor who was Facebook’s new head of news partnerships, the project was a high-profile effort to smooth relations with prominent news publishers. Facebook was getting blasted for the spread of fake news, contributing to filter bubbles and doing too little to help publishers make money on the platform.
One year in, Facebook Journalism Project gets mixed reviews from publishers
More from Journalism NewsMore posts in Journalism News »
- Retired Concord Monitor editor Mike Pride dies at 76; remembered for devotion to journalism
- Reporter covering protest at Gov. Sununu’s house fined by police
- Radically Rural Goes Remote
- Applications for 10th Annual New England First Amendment Institute Now Available
- NHPR, Granite State News Collaborative launch news services to reach Spanish-speaking community