At the New Hampshire Press Association’s annual meeting in October, members established goals for 2022.
To achieve those goals, the Association is seeking members to serve on several of its committees for the coming year.
We are asking you to take a minute and complete this survey to indicate your committee preferences.
The Association’s Executive Committee will review the responses and contact the respondents.
Of note, the two most pressing needs are for the Legislative and Contest committees. We need to prepare our legislative strategies in time for the session that begins in January and the yearly journalism contest should launch in December.
Those committees are:
- Legislative Oversight (Existing) – This committee reviews NH legislation relevant to member organizations and testifies on behalf of the NHPA at legislative committee hearings
- Education (Existing) – This committee explores strategies to create cooperative initiatives among NHPA members and local colleges and public schools. It will also explore bringing back to life the mentorship program that was created but sidelined by the pandemic
- Governance (Existing) – This committee reviews the NHPA’s evolution to ensure the bylaws are functioning properly and an accurate reflection of the state’s journalism landscape
- Contest (Existing) – This committee administers the NHPA’s annual journalism contest and banquet
- Local News Sustainability (New) – This committee will explore strategies and opportunities for member organizations to ensure their long-term economic viability
- Government Relations (New) – This committee will explore practical opportunities to sustain productive working relationships between NHPA members and federal, state and local government agencies, offices and elected representatives
- Job Board (New) – This committee will create a system by which member organizations can share employment opportunities through the Press Association’s website and social media accounts
- Disinformation (New) – This committee will explore tools for members to identify and combat disinformation with a particular eye on public education
Thank youPlease contact me if you have any questions.