There are two types of memberships.
Regular Member – Regular membership is open to all New Hampshire news-gathering organizations and individuals that regularly produce original news and editorial content. This includes, but is not limited to, newspapers, magazines, television and radio stations, wire services, websites, blogs, and freelance reporters, photographers and videographers. Regular members must be principally devoted to the dissemination of local or general news and other editorial content and must not primarily serve as a platform for promoting the interests and/or opinions of a special interest group, individual or cause. Regular members are expected to uphold the principles and standards as prescribed by Society of Professional Journalists’ “Code of Ethics.”
Associate Member – Associate membership is open to all organizations and individuals who provide support for and/or share the common goals of the regular members and have a shown interest in preserving freedom of the press and promoting the highest standards of journalism. This includes, but is not limited to, entities furnishing supplies, equipment or services to the New Hampshire Press Association’s members; journalism/communication departments at colleges, universities and high schools; educational, financial and governmental institutions, foundations, trade associations, business groups and professional societies.
- Regular member news organization with 5 or more employees – $150. All employees can be association members at no charge.
- Regular member news organization with fewer than 5 employees – $50. All employees can be association members at no charge.
- Regular member individual – $50.
(This is for an individual journalist whose news organization is not a regular member of the association.)
- Associate member full organization – $100. All employees can be association members at no charge.
- Associate member individual – $50.
(This is for individuals whose organization is not an associate member of the association.)